We have the option to add in a deposit for a bidder at the time of check in. We also have the option to specify if a bidder has been authorized to proceed without a deposit.
How to turn Deposits on
Before you can use the Deposit feature you will need to turn it on. We have a few steps for this.
1. Navigate to your company settings. My Links > Company > Profile.
2. Click on preferences.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see the "Add ability to use deposits" check box. Make sure its Checked.
Now Deposits is turned on as an option at an auction level.
Auction level "On/Off" Switch
Once Deposits have been enabled at a company level you still have the option to turn them on or off for any given auction.
1. First Navigate to Current Auction > Auction > Edit settings.
2. Now click on the Accounting tab.
3. Check the box to turn on Deposits
Now your deposits will be turned on for this auction.
Charging a Deposit
Now that we have Deposits turned on we can charge a deposit to a bidder.
1. Navigate to Current Auction > Accounting > Check in.
2. Check in a new bidder, or select one that is already on your customer list.
3. Assign a paddle number
4. After you assign a paddle number you can click the "$" on the top right of the page.
5. Make sure to select the correct paddle number (If you have more than one)
6. Select the payment amount, and payment type (even "No deposit required")
7. Take any notes, and fill out any other needed info (CC info, Check Number, ect.)
8. Click the "Save" button on the bottom right of the deposit screen
Now your deposit will be saved for the bidder. If you click on the blue total deposit amount, it will take you to the Deposits Report.
There are a few ways to get to the Deposit Report, and once we get there a few things we can do on the page.
1. To get to the page, either click on the blue total deposit amount on the check in page, or navigate to Current Auction > Reports > Deposits.
2. You can Click the Delete button to delete the deposit.
3. You can also click the Pencil, which is how you can refund a deposit. When you refund a deposit the information will stay on the report, so you can still see the data.
4. You can also search using the box on the top right.
5. If you want to change the columns that are displaying, or export the report you can use the buttons on the top right.
Using Deposits as a Payment
1. After a deposit has been applied to a bidder, you can use it as a payment, by navigating to Current Auction > Accounting > Invoices, and clicking on the invoice you wish to make the payment for
2.Once on the invoice click on the 'Make a Payment' button.
3. They payment screen should automatically populate, and you can select deposit from the 'Payment Method' drop down.
4. If the bidder has more than one deposit, you will have the option to select the deposits individually.
5. You can record the standard payment information using the other options.
6. On the bottom of the page, a check box must be selected to confirm that you want to apply the full, selected deposit to the bidder. Deposits must be used in full for any payment.
7. Make sure to click the save button on the bottom right.
8. The payment will now be recorded, and you will be able to proceed with additional payments, or change, as you normally would.