This procedure applies in the event of a user forgetting their password:
- Go to http://www.wavebid.com.
- On the top-right corner of the page click Login.
- Type in the Wavebid username and click Submit.
- A password reset email will be sent to the user’s email account. Click on the link.
- Once in the password reset page type in a new password and confirm the password; it must be at least 8 characters long, containing at least 1 uppercase character, 1 lowercase character, 1 number digit.
- Click Submit.
After this is done please try to login again. Be aware the password reset messages are time-sensitive and the link will only remain active for 60 minutes. Attempting to use them after they have expired will result in a time-out message.
If there is more than one user with the COMPANY_ADMIN user role, that user can manually reset the password:
From the Dashboard, go My Links > User > Profile.
In the Users entry box find the user you need to change the password for:
- Type in the first two letters of your company name to view a list of all available users.
- Type in the first two letters of the user’s first name to just get that result.
Enter the new password for this user. It must be at least 8 characters long, containing at least 1 uppercase character, 1 lowercase character, 1 number digit.
Click Save on the top right corner of the page.
After this the user should try logging in again.
Should these procedures fail:
- Send a password reset request to our support email address from the email account associated with the user. We cannot help unless this account is the one sending the message.
- Contact us via phone at 763-355-3985 to verbally confirm the password reset request.
- Wavebid staff will reset the password and provide it verbally over the phone.
- User will be able to login to Wavebid at this time.
- User should change their password immediately before ending the call with Wavebid staff.
Wavebid staff will never contact you over email or over the phone requesting information to reset your password. If at any point you are contacted by parties unknown to you who are purporting to be Wavebid staff, please contact us immediately over the phone.