Once your feel comfortable your users are all setup and your company profile is in order it’s time to create your auction. To do this, click on the New Auction button on the top-right corner of the Dashboard to start creating a new auction workspace.
When creating the auction you do not need to fill everything in from the start, but these fields are required by Wavebid in order to successfully save your auction to its database:
- Address 1
- Country (defaults to UNITED STATES)
- Auction Software
- Auction Preview Page
- Start Date
Again, the fields above are the only ones required for you to be able to save your auction to the database.
Once you have entered those fields, there are a few Auction Attributes that you need to keep in mind:
- If you have Consignors (Sellers), you’ll want to enable Assign seller(s) to lots?.
- If you have lots that will contain more than one item, enable Include option to list quantity per lot?.
- When you are publishing your sale through our i3 plugin, make sure to fill out the Auction Info tab.
- Configure your Buyer’s Premium in the Accounting tab.
These two options are the ones most often used. You can find a thorough guide to all the tabs and attributes in our Auction Settings article.
The order in which you add the information about the lots is not important within our system. The end result will always be the same: A fully-formed catalog that contains all the required information about your lots and their associated photos.