How to mark an auction as tax exempt:
- Go to Auction>Edit Settings>Accounting Tab>> On this tab, you'll want to make sure to check the "Auction Tax Exempt" box under the "Tax Options" menu.
**Don't forget to save!!
- The entire auction is now Tax Exempt.
How to mark a single Lot as Tax Exempt:
- The first thing we'll need to do is go to Auction>Edit Settings>Auction Attributes Tab>>Here you check the box next to "Different tax rates per lot?" as shown below. Remember to save!!
- If you haven't yet clerked the item, you can change the tax rates by going to Auction>Catalogs>Lot Builder>>In the dropdown on this page, select the Lot you wish to set as Tax Exempt.
- In the Lot Details tab, Check the "Tax Exempt" box as shown below and then save.
- If you have already sold the Lot, navigate to the unpaid invoice and you will notice your invoice displaying the different tax rates as shown below.
- You can change the tax rates by clicking the blue text, or mark the single item as Tax-Exempt by checking the box as shown below.
- Notice that it only made the top Lot exempt.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Article is closed for comments.