When you link Wavebid to your Proxibid account you gain the ability to do the following:
- Export your catalog and photos directly to Proxibid servers.
- Re-export as many time as needed when you update your catalog in Wavebid.
- Import auction results directly from Proxibid servers into Wavebid.
The fastest way to do this is to have both Proxibid and Wavebid open in separate browser windows so you can switch back and forth with a minimum of trouble.
The linking process between Wavebid and Proxibid only needs to be done once; afterwards you only need to set the Proxibid Auction ID in the Wavebid Auction Settings page.
Obtain Proxibid Linking Data
This is done in your Proxibid account:
- Create an auction.
- Go to the Bulk Loader page and select the appropriate catalog from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Get Wavebid Linking Information link at the bottom of the page.
- The page will then load your Company ID, your Auction ID, and your Token.
- Copy all three pieces of information.
Link Wavebid to Proxibid
This is done in Wavebid by a user with admin account authorities:
- From the Dashboard, go to My Links > Company > Cataloging Settings > Export.
- In the Select an Export Format dropdown choose the type of export (Proxibid live / Proxibid Timed).
- Type in the Company ID you obtained from Proxibid.
- For Remote Password for Catalog Upload paste the token.
- Click the Save button on the top right corner of the page.
You can configure both Proxibid Live and Proxibid Timed auctions one right after the other, avoiding the need to repeat the process later.
This process needs to be repeated for every auction that will be exported to Proxibid.
- From the Dashboard, go to Auction > Edit Settings.
- In the Auction Attributes tab change the Auction Software drop-down to the option needed (either Proxibid Live or Proxibid Timed).
- In the Proxibid Auction ID box, type in the Auction ID number you obtained from Proxibid.
- Click Save on the top right corner of the page.
- From the Dashboard, go to Auction > Export Auction
- Double-check your export options:
- Lot Options: Proxibid only allows exporting the entire catalog file.
- Catalog Options: Make sure Generate Catalog is checked, Data Mapping should be “Proxibid - Live”, and Save as .CSV is checked.
- Photo Options: Make sure Zip Photos is checked and New Photos Only is not checked. You can enable the other options if needed.
- Click Export Auction. You can go over to the Export Monitor if you wish.
Depending on the size of your catalog file and how many photos you have within each lot the export process can take up to 15 minutes, with Wavebid creating two files:
- A CSV containing your entire catalog of lots.
- A ZIP file containing all your photos.
You can view the progress of the file creation through the Export Monitor; once the CSV has been posted the catalog will immediately become available on Proxibid even if the pictures aren’t transferred yet. After they’re created you can download them from two panels located on the Export Auction page:
- Previous Catalogs: Download the CSV generated by Wavebid.
- Previous Photos: Download the ZIP file containing the photos, with filenames matching those of your lots.
Even though Wavebid creates both the CSV and ZIP the information is transferred through an Application Programming Interface (API) which enables the ability to push the data quickly and efficiently, but this requires using the default Proxibid - Live data mapping. If you choose to use a custom mapping, there is a risk not all of the lot information will be transferred over. This is what allows us to transfer not only the descriptions and lot attributes like quantity, location, seller, etc, but also the photos.
During the export both of these will be transferred to Proxibid; please allow their service time to process and create the lots in their servers. Should any pictures be missing from your lots in Proxibid, we do have a procedure to resolve this issue.