In Wavebid there are two roles that determine the authorities (permissions) a user has within the system:
- COMPANY_ADMIN: Is able to perform administrative tasks and change company-wide preferences and defaults.
- USER: Is able to login to Wavebid. Further permissions are adjusted through the User Authorities editor in My Links > User > Authorities.
When a user has the COMPANY_ADMIN role they’ll be able to see all auction workspaces in their Dashboard. Regular users can only see auctions they are set as the coordinator, when auctions have “Restrict to Coordinator and Admins” disabled, or if they’re given additional authorities by a company admin.
You are able to have an unlimited number of users for no extra fees but Only company admins can create new users. To create a new user:
From the Dashboard, go My Links > User > Profile.
Enter the information for the new user. The following is required:
- First name.
- Last name.
- Email address (for password recovery).
- Username: This can be anything as long as it has not been taken by another user. Most people default to the email address used to login to Wavebid.
- Password: At least 8 characters long, containing at least 1 uppercase character, 1 lowercase character, 1 number digit.
Once the information is entered, click Save on the top right.
When entering the email address for your user make sure it is a valid email address that is active and able to receive messages, otherwise our password reset tool will not work as intended.
Once your user has been created and is active, you can grant additional authorities to increase what they are allowed to do. For more information in that regard, please follow this article.