Creating sellers/consignors at your auction is swift with our driver’s license scanning and records of your permanent sellers. This tutorial will explore the seller creation page.
1. To find the Sellers page, start at the dashboard and find your auction. Then go to Auction–> Sellers.
2. Once you're on the Sellers page, you can create a new seller by clicking the Create New button.
3. Fill in the Seller's information and then save. (Note: A Seller's profile information is also used if that Seller is checked in as a buyer)
- 1) Scan Personal ID:
Click this field and then use the mag strip or bar code reader to scan a drivers license. The system will automatically read the available data into the system.
NOTE: this data varies from state to state. Please try scanning at least a week prior to the auction event, if there is a problem report it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Most new formats can be created in less than a week
- 2) Alerts
Alerts appear as a pop up window when this seller registers for another auction. It also appears as a pop up when the customer makes a payment.
- 3) Tax Exempt
By checking the tax exempt box you can automatically make a customer tax exempt for all auctions. This can be changed on at the invoice level, but if checked the customer will be tax exempt by default. (Note: This setting will only apply to individuals checked-in as a bidder. Seller's settlements are unaffected by this setting.)
4. Once your Customer Info has been saved, you can apply a seller code. This code will only be attached to this seller for this auction. Save to continue.
5. After saving the seller code, Commissions, Contract Review, Schedule A, Expenses and PDFs settings for the seller become accessible. Set these to your preferences, save, and you're good to go!
To create a Seller Contract Template, go to MyLinks>Company>Accounting>Seller Contract Templates.
On this page, simply select the Variables to include from the table on the right side of the screen as shown below by clicking on that respective field. This will populate the field using the proper syntax needed.
In addition to selecting the fields from the table on the right, you may wish to add your own custom wording as you see fit. An example of how this can be done is shown below.
Once everything is set up to your satisfaction, remember to save!
Once you've created the template, it can be used by navigating to a seller's profile and clicking "edit." On this page, navigate to the "Contract Review" tab (just like earlier, but this time we're doing it from the auction or profile level rather than the company level).
Since you've already created your template, you'll be able to select it from the dropdown menu. You can either select "Print" if you want to print the contract as-is, or "Edit" if you wish to make any changes first.
Once "Print" is clicked, for this particular example the finished product will look like below: