Importing Buyer Info:
Note: Spreadsheets must have a First Name and Last Name column, highly suggested columns include - Address, City, State, Postal Code, Phone Number and Email.
Steps to importing buyers:
1.) Go to My Dashboard>Accounting>Import Buyers
2.) Use "Delimiter" to match format of import file, use tick-box to adjust for header row
3.) Choose file
* Important Notes About Your File If You Are Using Company Person Attributes *
Company Person Attributes allow you to add new fields that aren't standard within Wavebid, this allows you to extend our functionality to track other fields you want to have a a users profile. There are several types of custom fields you can create and if you are doing a Buyer Import and want to map what is in your file to the custom field you created in Wavebid here are some notes for the specific field types you can create.
- Checkbox: In your file ensure that the column you are using indicates the values 'true' or 'false' (without the quotes). This is case sensitive, so ensure it's all lowercase.
- Multi-Select: In your file ensure that the values within the column you are using to indicate the multi-select fields are separated by commas with NO spaces. Example: If you've configured Wavebid to have a multi-select field that can be Helicopters, Vehicles, Boats, Airplanes. During your import if you'd like to add them to 3 of them you would need the file value to look something like: Helicopters,Vehicles,Boats (separated by commas, with no spaces)
While importing Company Profile Attributes, if you are re-importing the same buyer the NEW data will override any existing data. It is not an additive process.
* Important Notes About Mapping To Specific Countries *
Wavebid supports the ISO 3166 standard - you can use any of the following country code methods within your file.
– ISO 3166 – https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#search
4.) WaveBid will automatically attempt to match column mapping. If any columns are unmatched or incorrectly matched, adjust as necessary.
5.) Click Import to begin import process
6.) When the import process is complete, a Person Import Results page will appear to confirm success!
How to manually Import Sale Results into Wavebid
- Go to My Dashboard>Accounting>Import Sale Info
- Your spreadsheet should be set up with Lot Number, Selling Price, and Bidder Number columns as shown below.
- Next, map the appropriate columns and click "Import" at the bottom.
- You should get a successful message as shown below:
- Finally, there should be invoices generated. One thing to note is that your invoices will show up with no buyer information until you import your buyer info.