Auction Tube is one of the most engaging features currently available in Wavebid when it comes to live auctions. This featured tool allows you to display the Lots currently being clerked on a projector or big-screen display so your buyers can see additional information and photos of the Lot(s) being auctioned at that current time. This, in turn, enables you to sometimes obtain higher prices for your Lots by better showing them off.
This is how you use it:
From the Dashboard go to your auction workspace, then Accounting > Clerking.
- Once there, right-click the "Auction Tube" tab and select the "Open Link in New Tab" option.
Pay attention to the Screen/Ring you select as this DOES matter. The Screen/Ring you use decides what will actually show up on the Auction Tube page.
*Note* Make sure that the Screen/Ring you choose matches in both of the Wavebid tabs you opened earlier.
Example: If you're on screen 1 in the clerking page, make sure you're also on screen 1 on the tab you're using to display the items.
In Tab 1(The clerking grid) Click onto start the stream.
5. In Tab 2(The Auction Tube tab) you can select a couple of options:
- Select which ring you want to be featured. Remember that this needs to be the same as the Screen/Ring set in Tab 1.
- Select the background style you would like to use. The options are either a Light(white) background or a Dark(black) background.
6. To view the stream click the bluebutton. This will open the stream in the same browser tab you are currently using. If you would like to open the stream on a different tab or browser window you can use the Direct URL shown at the bottom of the page.
Auction Tube will automatically start a slideshow presentation of whatever Lots in that respective ring have been pulled up on the clerking grid.
For single Lots, the system will rotate between all the photos for that particular Lot.
For multiple lots it will rotate between the lead photo for each single lot and display the sale type.
Auction Tube is automatically disabled everyday at midnight so do not worry if you forget to disable the stream.
Congratulations! You’re ready to Ride the Wave!